|The reason I did the trimming.|
|First I removed the stock flares.|
|Then I cut the sheetmetal with some tin snips.
After I trimmed the metal I folded the edges over so the edges would not be sharp. I folded the metal over to the stock holes for the flares.
|I relocated the stock flares to the new openings.
I put the bottom of the flares even with the sheetmetal. The way they are mounted stock¸ the flares stick 1¨ below the edge of the sheetmetal.
I also reattched the stock fender liner to help keep the road muck contained.
|I did not really cut the rear wells. I only cut them at the front and
rear at the radius´¸ That way when I pounded them over I would
not tear the sheetmetal too badly.
I used a big hammer to fold the rear sheetmetal in on itself. I did this because I had read about the weld between the inner and outer fender being cut out in some instances¸ which then means you need to re weld the pieces back together.
By just folding the fender in to this weld seam¸ there was no way I would accidentally cut it out¸ and I piced up 2¨ of clearance with this method.
|I reattached the stock rear flare.
I had to cut the flare and mount part of it to the door¸ if I had not the flare would have prevented the rear boor from opening.
After this picture was taken I got a second set of stock flares and I cut them to fill the gap you see here.
|Here is a picture with the second set of flares cut to fill
It also shows the 33's mounted.
|Here is a picture of the front. This extended the flare lower on the body.|
|These are the tire that have been on the car. The stock tires, 31's, and the 33's that are on now.|
|The difference between stock and 33's.
And Colton, who had to be in these pictures. :-)